Sunday, May 13, 2012

Senior Pictures...what???

Okay... sorry I haven't blogged in a while. It's been slightly crazy.  Finals are over-yay!  And I'm finally going to edit my novel from NaNo- my code expires next month- yipes! Time flies.
A little bit on my life at the moment:

  • I went and saw "Beauty and the Beast" (the DISNEY version!) at a high school not far from mine.  It was great- except the girl who played Belle was more of a Megara (from Hercules) and kept belting out heartfelt lines like "Oh but then/as my life has been altered once/it can change again" from Home.  And they put her in a blue, yellow, and orange diagonal striped bodice.  You'd think as the main character, they'd find her a plain blue bodice.  Seriously.  It threw me off every time I saw her.  I give the whole performance a B.  The Beast was awesome, as were Lumiere and Cogsworth.  For some odd reason, I also found myself liking Maurice, though he didn't do anything spectacular- he just stuck out to me- in a good way.  I think.
  • Went to open my Grandma's Cabin.
This is where the post title comes in.  On the way home, my mom says, "You know, we have to start thinking about senior pictures."

I was like "What?!? Oh.......wow.  Um..." I had my yearbook with me and asked my mom which senior pictures she liked.  She, of course, picked out all the boring ones- ones taken in studios with plain drab backgrounds in boring clothes that looked good, but were nothing special.  Now here's our problem.  I want my senior picture to be unique, just as quirky and odd as I am.  I want people to look back at my senior picture and remember something specific about me.  One kid had his dirt bike in his senior picture; you may not remember him, but you'll remember he liked dirt bikes by looking at his picture.  Last year, our tuba player Alex had his tuba in the picture with him.  Some people take it with a special place in the background.  Others with their musical instruments or animals, like their horse.

My mom wants me to wear a formal to semi formal outfit- preferably a green blouse that I wore this year for school pictures, with a plain background.

I want something that is more...me.  Those plain pictures can have so little personality in them and are easily forgotten.  I want to have a unique picture- something that reflects my personality.  I'm a dreamer- I suggested an eyes-up pose.  I thought about recreating this pose from my favorite movie:
In different clothes, of course.  Wouldn't want to make it too obvious that I'm basing a picture off of an animated Disney movie.

Still, the more I look at this pose (the first one, not the compilation) the more I like it.  I could wear a bow in my hair as a headband (I used a scrap of purple fabric tied in a bow as a headband one day and you wouldn't believe all the compliments I got!)  If I don't have a scrap I like, I can buy a two inch sample from Joann's (didn't know you could do that- now I do.  It's awesome!)  If not that, I could wear one of the dragonfly hair pieces I made in ninth grade.  I wore the necklace this year in my school pictures.  The hairpiece too, but you couldn't see it.  If I used a daisy instead of a dandelion, it would also mean something- daisies and dragonflies are important symbols in my life.  Dragonflies remind our family of my brother Steven (my only biological one) who died at 2 days old.  The story my parents read to 1 1/2 year old me to explain death to kids had to do with a dragonfly who couldn't go back with the water bugs.  Water bugs being the living people, dragonflies being those in heaven.  They can see us, but can't come back.  Daisy was my nickname as a baby- very little used, at that- as in oopsa-daisy.  Yep- I was always klutzy.

And not only is Beauty and the Beast my favorite fairy tale, but it's one that means a lot to me.  I'm writing a novel based on the fairy tale, so it would also reflect my writing.  She's singing in this pose, so it would represent my love of music.  And since I'm almost acting, it would also show my passion for drama.  This is the kind of picture I want- something with deep meaning... hopefully my mom agrees... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment