Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Final Chapter and a New Scene

Oh boy oh boy oh boy... very exciting things happening in my life right now!

  1. I just got a new microphone, so I can now record the audiobook of my novel.  Why is this exciting, you may ask?  The sooner I get it done, the sooner my parents read my novel.  Neither has any time (or in my mom's case) any desire to read, but both spend an inordinate amount of time in the car.  Put my book on CDs and they both can read it.  Plus, I like recording myself playing stuff and my old microphone got lost while we cleaned the playroom.  And this one is much nicer anyway.
  2. Also just got a new book of French horn music- and it's DISNEY! Why wouldn't this be exciting?  I've spent most of the night playing Prince Ali and Go the Distance.  Prince Ali is stuck in my head.  But I love it.
  3. Elli's birthday presents came today. She's going to love them.
  4. I just got paid $121 for babysitting.  Seems my life has been babysitting.  
  5. I finished editing my novel.  Am working on getting it up on CreateSpace.  I also shared it with a few people, which is exciting.
  6. Elli's getting her novel up on CreateSpace as well.  It's a lot smaller than she anticipated, but it looks cute and will be a good beginning chapter book.
  7. I figured out who to dedicate my book to.  And no, I'm not telling.  It's a secret!
  8. In a matter of 2 hours and 15 minutes Camp NaNoWriMo starts!!! Twice Upon a Time, here I come.  (I was acting it out for Elli the other night using a small Mary statue as Jennie, a silver cross as Micah, a wood cross as Nolan, and an angel statue thing as Connie.  I will never look at that silver cross the same way again.  I felt ridiculous.  It was also like 11pm...)
  9. My cousin's getting married this weekend!  Need I say more?
  10. We just got memberships at the Y which is kinda fun.  Did my orientation tonight and discovered that there are machine where you can bike and read AT THE SAME TIME!  Forget the ellipticals and treadmills with the TVs- give me a good book and a crash free stationary bike that is klutz proof.  Lee's so funny.  He's so excited to go there and work out.  He thinks he's so cool.  "Haili, can we go to the Y every day?  I need to *flexes* work out" (keep in mind, he's 11... dear me...)
Reasons why I'm not happy
  1. CreateSpace is being obnoxious with formatting my book.  And I mean OBNOXIOUS.  Every time I upload my novel, it screws something up and I have to go fix it.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Cool!
    2. Nifty!
    3. Tell us what they are?
    4. Sheesh... ;)
    5. Yahoo! Seriously, how did do that so quickly!?
    6. That's so cool! She must feel great.
    7. Ooohh...you'll just have to show me a copy of the finished project!
    8. Bonne chance! I have total faith in you. Keep us updated, huh? As long as it won't interfere with writing. Haha.
    9. Sweet! I heart weddings!
    10. Hahah! I completely fell in love the exercise and read thing too! :D

    1.CreateSpace was real pain for me, too. I basically dropped the ball on formatting. You saw the result. 'Nuff said. But I know that you have the prowess to make it work!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3. I can't tell you until after her birthday- she's the other one who follows my blog!!! :D
      4. Babysitting and mission hours- spent 5 hours cutting up fruit for fruit pizzas. Got money toward my mission trip to Mandaree, ND. We're running a VBS camp for 1st and 2nd graders.
      5. I just sat down and said to myself, "I am going to read this novel. And edit it." I didn't do much with the story line. I took out an entire section and shortened some of the wordpadding parts (really what I did) and fixed some minor issues. I didn't have the energy to do more than that. I'm looking at my proof on CreateSpace right now.
      6. She does. She wants to get it in time for her birthday. We're actually working out the skating program in the book for her to do.
      7. I will... keeping my fingers crossed. I have it on google docs and am letting a few trusted people read it. If you want, I'll send you the link.
      8. I shall- we'll see how hard it is to write 50,000 words of a screenplay vs. a novel.
      9. Me too
      10. I know. I felt like such a geek... but I don't care

      1. And I finally got CreateSpace to work!!!! YAY!

      Delete