Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Just realized I've been a little *too* in character


I've been messing with these character creators again, and here you see from left to right, Briony, Calista, and Aurelia, my main character and her sisters from Beauty is Blind.  I like to do these "character creator" games so that I can get a better image of my characters.  Besides, it's fun.  Though I'm not sure why Calista's hair is braided...

Anyway, I found this awesome one and did Calista's birthday dress.  The game had the option of making a male, so I set to doing Damien.  And I realized, I had no idea what he looked like!  Even in beast form, much less human form!  I'd been in Calista's head (it is first person, you know) that it didn't matter what he looked like versus what he felt like or sounded like.

I don't even know his hair and eye color!  I know Calista and Gabriel (her stillborn twin) have/had curly brown hair and purple eyes, due to the curse.  Briony is the green eyed redhead, and Aurelia is the blue eyed blonde.  Her father, Flavian has blond hair- and brown eyes, I think.  Her mother Elani has green eyes and brown hair.  But Damien?  I have no idea.


Color
Indication
Red
Unconditional Love
Orange
Carelessness, cowardice
Yellow
Anxious, worried, or scared
Emerald Green
Jealous, envious
Blue
Calm
Indigo
Unsure, insecurity
Violet
Courage
Magenta
Fun loving
Pink
Caring, kind-hearted
Black
Angry, hateful
Ice Blue
Cold hearted
Dark Blue
Between angry and calm
Grey
Sad, mourning, grief, sorrow
Green
Indignation, Pride
Sea Green
Fear
Turquoise
Happiness, joy
Pale Blue
Timid
Teal
Apprehension
Lavender
Amused, in wonder
Brown
Pity
Aqua
Surprise
Mahogany
Repentance
Dark Red
Shame
Puke Green
Disgust
Gold
Acceptance, respect
Plum
Frustration
Dark Orange
Deceit, lying
This is the beginning of the color spectrum that Calista "sees" in her life smudges.  So I don't really want to give him brown hair, because that will mean "pity" to her.  She associates these emotions with these colors and has been doing so her entire life, and when the curse of her blindness is broken... I thought about red hair.  I can't do black, obviously.  And what about eyes?  I kinda can't do green (fear, pride, jealously) or brown (pity) and how realistic would it be for him to have purple?  Grey wouldn't work (sadness) Hazel would look like disgust to her.. and that only leaves blue, but would that be copying Disney?  Or am I just overanalyzing this?
As of now, I've got him as a blue-eyed redhead...

No comments:

Post a Comment