Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Random Quotes During the Past Few Days

Analyzing Dave and the Giant Pickle on Sunday over Elli's birthday dinner:
Dad: He must be a dill, because he sure isn't sweet
and
Elli: He's a giant pickle!  What's not to love?
(Elli once got a jar of pickles for Christmas.  Pretty sure it was her favorite present.  Not lying.  Just to give you some perspective)
All the while, I'm wondering "What if VeggieTales had stuck closer to the original Bible story and had Dave cut of Goliath's head?  Kids would just think someone cut a pickle.  But it's Nightmare Fuel for the Veggies.  Think about that from a Veggie perspective *shudder* On second thought, don't, if you're a vegetarian!!!

Elli playing with bubbles during a severe thunderstorm watch and there's 4 bubbles sticking together.
Me: Oh look, it's a baby!
Elli: ????
Me: That's what babies look like like two seconds after they're conceived.  Don't you know any biology?

And this, rather embarrassing gem:
Me: Look!  It's a multicellular organization!
Elli: Organization?
Me: I mean orgasm.  (realize what I just said)  No no NO!  I meant ORGANISM!!! ORGANISM!!!!
(Elli is not mortified enough to have comprehended this)
Me: Do you even know what an orgasm is?
Elli: No.
Me: Oh.  Good.  I didn't say it.  Forget it.

Spent the weekend camping with my family and my aunts and uncles and my cousin- oh, and three of Elli's friends from heart camp. (she has a pacemaker, and Camp Odayin is a camp for kids with heart problems.)  If you want something funny, watch The Secret World of Arrietty with a bunch of heart kids.  (and Arrietty- what a beautiful name!!! Wish I could use it.  It's like a fancy Aria)  Anyway, lots of fun, lots of skeeter bites.  I HATE getting them on my fingers and feet.  Guess where I got them?  Yep. *wrinkles nose and scowls*

I'm 17 and a half- officially.  Elli and I are exactly 2 and 1/2 years apart, to the freaking hour.  Not kidding.  December 10th, 1994, 6:54 pm=me June 10th, 1997, 7:02 pm=her.  Kinda scary when you think about it.

Umm... just wasted most of the day watching versions of fairy tales on Youtube.  Do you know how many versions of Cinderella there are?  Seriously, it's the most over-re-told fairy tale out there.  My favorite? Ever After.  Seriously.  Love it.

Had a mission meeting today.  I'm going to an Indian reservation in ND to run a residential VBS camp for 1st and 2nd graders.  I'm on the skit team, and our theme is "Love Never Fails"  So we're doing "The Lion King" and having Timon and Puumba teach Simba and Nala how to love and be friends.  Since our skit team is 2 guys and 2 girls and we have 3 guy parts and 1 girl, I ended up being Simba!  Haha!  Makes me happy.  Apparently, the kids there love the Lion King and that movie was watched like 5 million times last year.  Wouldn't know, cuz I wasn't there.  But should be fun!

That's it for now.

CAMP NANO UPDATE: 12,000 words.
SONGS:
"A Day in the Life"- don't ask. >( One verse is a major accomplishment.
"Princess at Heart"- FINISHED!!!!! I have finished my first song!!! WOOHOO!!! The tune is my own original that I rediscovered yesterday and set to rediscovered lyrics.  The tune was 4 measures long and aptly titled "Unexpected Triumph"
"That Girl" - mostly written, lyrics are pretty much done, just need to add them to my Noteflight thing.

There's something odd about that girl
There's something not quite right
There's something strange about that girl
Like something's changed overnight

I don't know what to do with her
She's not the same; anyone can see that

There's something odd about that girl
There's something not quite right
There's something strange about that girl
Like something's changed overnight

It's like she's forgotten everything
That we worked so hard to teach her
What's wrong with her?  It's beyond me to tell

What's odd about that girl
What is not quite right
What's so strange about that girl
What has changed overnight?

Oh, that girl!!
"Perfect Mystery" Jennie and Micah's love theme.  Less done.  Have lyrics, but the tune keeps changing so that I can fit it in with "Under the Stars" Also needs verses.
How did this come to be?
How did it work so perfectly?
It doesn't really matter to me.
It's a perfect mystery.
Perfect mystery.



"Under the Stars" Connie and Nolan's love theme.  Chorus is done, both music and lyrics.  Need to write a verse or two.

Here with you
Under the stars tonight
Love so true
And it feels so right
When you're here
By my side
It's crystal clear
This night is ours
Here with me
Under the stars

"That Girl (reprise)" more done than the first.  Just because the lyrics are done and the tune's the same. (villain's song)

There' something odd about that girl
There's something not quite right
There's something strange about that girl
Like something's changed overnight

It's got to be more than just something that she saw.
It's got to be more than what they say it is. 

There's something odd about that girl
There's something not quite right
There's something strange about that girl
Like something's changed overnight

I know it's more, it has to be. 
She's changed not once but twice. 
It's almost as if she's two different people.

Ahh...

I know what's odd about that girl
I know what's not quite right
I know what's strange about that girl
Something has changed overnight

Yes, those girls!!!


"Under the Stars/Perfect Mystery" a mosh of both love themes.  Here's the start I've got:

That's it for now

No comments:

Post a Comment