Sunday, November 24, 2013

Evolution of a College Freshman in Dining Services

First Week:
"Oh my gosh, look at all the food! Pizza all the time, soft serve ice cream, waffle makers...yogurt, english muffins, sandwich lines, ethnic food, juice,  comfort food...how am I ever going to eat all this?  I'm never going to get sick of eating at DS!"

Next Week:
"Why are all the upperclassmen eating cereal? For dinner?  Don't they realize that there are better foods to eat than that?  I mean, look at this treasure trove!"

After the first month:
"Oh, look!  I remember that dish!  Guess they're starting to repeat themselves.  Oh well, I liked it."

Sometime:
"Why do they put all the good desserts out on the same day!?!?  Don't they know that I'm trying to avoid the freshman fifteen?  How am I supposed to pick?!?"

The Next Day:
"And now they have no good dessert...curse you DS!"

After the second month:
"I just want food that isn't gross...and that I'm not sick of.  This food is boring."  *googles college cafeteria hacks*

Inevitably, you get sick:
"I CAN'T EAT ANYTHING BECAUSE MY STOMACH WILL REJECT IT!  Bananas, toast...oh good, they have applesauce today..."

After the third month:
*eating mozzarella sticks, nibbling on a piece of chicken, eating an ice cream cone and a bowl of granola, rice crispies, life, and capt'n crunch constitutes dinner* "Get me home!"

Luckily, Thanksgiving break is only three days away!

No comments:

Post a Comment